Sunday, February 19, 2012

STASH REPORT SUNDAY

Fabric used this week  5.625 yards
Fabric used year to date  67.625 yards
Fabric added this week  20.5 yards
Fabric added year to date  48.75 yards
Net used 2012  18.875

The 15 yards of half price batiks that I ordered on Superbowl Sunday arrived this week.  They are washed and ready to use!
These weren't the exact fabric that I chose.  They had such a successful sale, that they had finished all three fabrics before filling my order, so they contacted me and offered to provide 3 similar fabric at the same price.  I think I like these choices better than my original!   Great service from the Fabric Depot!

Then yesterday, DH booked an oil change just 2 blocks from my favourite quilt shop, and suggested I come along for the ride!  I finally cut some of the block kits for another kaleidoscope quilt (fabric that I found and counted last winter), and went looking for the two coordinates that I need to complete the quilt.  Of course, I went with particular colours in mind, but something completely different jumped from the shelves, and I think it will look wonderful.

I just picked up an advance flyer for a quilt show next November.  The Cypress Creek Quilters are having another outdoor quilt show at the USF Botanical Gardens!  I attended one there several years ago, and it was a wonderful setting for a quilt show.  They did have a plan if it began to rain - they could get all the quilts down and under cover in under 3 minutes!

Head over to Judy's blog to see how everyone else is doing - hope they are all reducing their stash!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Batiks. I wouldn't have been able to resist them either. You have used a huge amount of fabric this year - congrats.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.