Friday, December 30, 2011

MAKING BABY QUILTS

I'm trying to stay close to DH, to encourage him to keep his foot elevated.  His sprain is healing slowly, and his ankle is the most interesting colour combination, none of it natural!

So I could keep an eye on him yesterday, I took over the dining table, covered it with a cardboard cutting surface, and pulled out some baby quilt panels that I had brought from my stash at home.  I managed to get all 4 pin-basted, with lovely flannel on the back of each.  One top is also flannel.  I had even brought small pieces of fabric for the binding on each.  While DH was resting, I did all the straight line quilting on each, then made the binding for the first one. I sat and hand stitched the binding while watching TV with DH. 

Today I managed to apply the other 3 bindings, and stitch one.  The rest of my day was spent chasing DH, as his ankle was feeling a bit better, and he tends to over-do the activity too soon.  I don't want him to have a relapse - he makes a less than average patient, and I run out of my patience very quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.