Monday, November 21, 2011

DESIGN WALL MONDAY

I'm off and running on plaid quilt number two - another Bonnie Hunter pattern from Quiltmaker magazine.  This one is called "Spinnin' Spools", and uses 2 inch strips and squares.  I decided to use all the same fabric for the "light" portion of each spool.  The top right hand set of 4 is a finished block, measuring 9 inches finished.  I plan to put sashing between each block, as I want a bit larger quilt this time.  I'm aiming at about 60x80 inches.  I'll probably make all the spool units before deciding how to pair them up, so I don't get too many colour combinations the same.  DH has a great eye for this, so I'll probably have the parts all over my living room carpet!  I'll be making 35 blocks this time, so that means 140 spool units.


Let's see what other creative bloggers have on their design wall by visiting Judy's blog.

3 comments:

  1. Bonnie has put so many fun patterns out there for us all to use and enjoy, this one has been on my "someday" list for a while. Love how it is turning out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun quilt! Glad you have an assistant who likes to help with quilt layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those spools! This is going to be an awesome quilt! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.