Saturday, November 5, 2011

ARRIVED SAFE AND SOUND!

No long stops on our final day on the road.  I did get some stitching done on my hexagon project.
 We stopped to pick up a few groceries on the way through town, so we wouldn't have to go out again.   Our the neighbours dropped by to welcome us home, and we did a bit of catching up, but just a bit, as the loaded van was calling to be unloaded. 

We had a simple dinner, relaxed in front of the TV for a while then off to sleep in a familiar bed.  Today DH cleaned leaves and Spanish moss from the garden and the railway.  He also cleaned and refilled the pond, and added the pump to circulate the water.  I spent the morning unpacking clothes, then unpacking all the non-sewing related items.

Headed out to JoAnns Fabrics after lunch, and looked at their bridal fabrics - a couple of potential laces.  Picked up some flannel to back a baby quilt panel, along with a print for the binding.  I'll have to account for them tomorrow.  Then off to the vegetable stand and grocery story for a more serious shopping.

Tonight I'll be able to start adding the section I completed to my hexagon project!  Then tomorrow its back to unpacking and organizing.  My sewing room isn't available until DH gets the garden railway set up.  This year we are planning to put some new flooring in the sun room, so that will add to the delay.  I'll set up on the dining table until the outside work is done - I can't put my quilting on hold for long, but I do have some "fall cleaning" to do for the first few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.