Monday, October 24, 2011

DESIGN WALL MONDAY

My design wall will be empty for the next few weeks.  We are preparing to head south, so any designing I do will be making up kits from my stash for quilts I plan to stitch over the winter months.
 So far the pile on the left consists of 7 baby/kid friendly panels, along with fabric for borders, backing and binding.  I'll pick up batting when I arrive.
The bag on the right is fabrics selected for another quilt, along with the pattern, although I also drafted it using EQ7, as I always make a few more changes.

With my busy week, I only made a bit of progress on my hexagon project, and still have a few green patches to add to complete the main motif.  Then I can start on the corner units, to make it into a more square/rectangular shape.  I haven't decided whether I'll made the edge smooth and add binding, or leave its more natural shape along the edges.  That will be a future decision.
Now I'm off to choose fabric for a few more patterns on my "must make soon" list.  I always end up buying fabric over the winter, as my stash consists of leftover fabric from projects that are planned, along with my boxes of strips & squares, using Bonnie's stash users system.  I don't save all the shapes and sizes, and I don't sort by colour, as I don't have enough space in my two tiny sewing rooms.  I sort mine by "light & dark".   As we all know, new designs are always calling!
Check out the progress of others' projects at Judy's blog.

2 comments:

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.