Thursday, June 23, 2011

I MADE A PURSE!

My favourite purse for travel was looking a little worse for wear, and I decided to replace it - easier said than done!  I finally found a pattern I liked, called Trifecta from Studio Kat Designs.
 My outer fabric is a sandy beach print, with a tan interior and green accents.  I chose to add the pocket to the front - handy for keys, pen etc.
It has a magnetic closure, and two large pouch areas, with a centre zippered area as well.


 I chose to add the "core insert" into the zippered area, with space for cards on the side - probably my library card, etc.  I made the zippered core, so that I'll have another safe place to stash stuff!
With the purse opened up, you can see all the different areas to stow items.  I like to be organized.  It is very versatile for a smaller purse (9" x 10" x 5").
The pattern was interesting to make, and the instructions were fairly easy to follow.  I'll make this again, but with a little more creativity next time.  I also plan to find a "purse zipper" as well - much better than the regular one that I used, as it would have two zipper pulls, closing in the centre of the purse instead of at one side.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice, Susan! I also like to keep my purse organized, and this one looks like a winner. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.