Thursday, May 5, 2011

QUILT GUILD MEETING

I attended the Limestone Quilter's Guild meeting last night.  We had wonderful guests from the Morrisburg guild, who entertained us with a trunk show of wonderful quilts from their guild members.  One after another fabulous quilts were unfolded, so many that one of their members was left at home since the quilts took up so much room in their car!
It was fun for me, meeting members that I only see 4 times a year at meetings (I'm south for the rest), and chatting with friends made at the community quilts get-togethers.


I was thanked for my donation of 5 quilts that I had made over the winter, and the 3 that I quilted this month as well.




   I brought 2 more home to quilt, and plan on attending the next get-together on the 17th.




  Our block of the month program is having another summer challenge of a simple block, made from scraps.



  Last summer over 600 were made and many have been finished into quilts. 
 We are hoping to better our numbers this summer, although I think the community  quilts chairpersons are becoming overwhelmed!

1 comment:

  1. I love community service programs like this! I am sure the leaders can get overwhelmed though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.