Monday, March 21, 2011

DESIGN WALL MONDAY

I'm beginning to look forward to our return north, where I have an actual design wall!
 I've been preparing the applique bits for my second-last block for the Baltimore Bliss quilt.

A sneak peek at the quilting on the Raggedy and Friends quilt.  I began by stitching in the ditch around all the sashing strips, then I added the binding.  Next I stipples with white rayon thread around all the embroideries in the blocks.  Now I am having fun, filling in the blocks with quilting.
Check out all the design walls at Judy's blog.

3 comments:

  1. I really like the colors of your appliqué pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the feather border - will have to save that design. Even better I think I know the quilt I can use it on - thanks for the idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on this quilting! I have never thought of putting on the binding before all the quilting is finished...is there a benefit to doing it in that order?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.