Friday, February 25, 2011

Lovely Day

I managed to stitch a few seams before my friend arrived at 8:30 this morning, and we headed off to the Tampa quilt show.  We had a lovely time, catching up on news, talking about the quilts - lots of lovely quilts.  We brought a lunch, so we headed out to the car for a quick bite, then headed in to the vendors.  My friend picked up 2 yards of a lovely rust colour fabric - she makes quilts for "Victoria Quilts" in Ottawa ON which are given to cancer patients.
When we had our fill we headed home, and beat DH and her husband by about 2 minutes (they had a great round of golf)
These 5 fat quarters of white, black and red found their way into my tote bag!  They will be a great addition to my stash of fabrics to complete my redwork projects.
After our return home, our next-door neighbours came over (all 6 of us are good friends), and DH and I made a lovely beef/broccoli stir fry with rice, and DH built one of his great salads.  We added a bottle or two of wine, and some home-made whole wheat bread and dinner was served.  We laughed and talked and ate and had a great time.  Coffee and cheesecake brownies rounded off the evening, and then our friends had to head home - an hour drive ahead of them.

Tomorrow things will be back to normal, whatever that is!

2 comments:

  1. The fat quarters you picked up would go good with the ones I picked up last weekend. Sounds like you had a great visit with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an idyllic day! And the shoe fabric is to die for.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.