Thursday, January 6, 2011

Here are the finished quilts

Meadow Breeze was designed by Pat Sloan.  I hand appliqued all the pieces, using a "back basting" method.  Then I added some thread painting to the blocks before finishing with machine quilting.  It finished 37"x37"
 My second finish this year was a hand-stitched redwork panel.  I found the design while going through some old files and thought it would make a wonderful gift for a friend who is having a difficult time right now.  Sorry I can't give credit to the designer - info is lost!
I found the red and black music fabric, and the whole thing came together.  It is machine quilted, and I even finished the binding by machine, using a blanket stitch.  This little project finished 17"x14"

1 comment:

  1. Your Meadow Breeze quilt is gorgeous. I love the color choices.
    quiltfever.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.