Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

It is pretty quiet in our neighbourhood.  DH has his two Santa trolleys running on the garden railway - they have bright lights inside, so are more fun to watch at night.  Our luminarias are lit along the sidewalk in front of our house.  I made the cranberry sauce this afternoon, and I also prepared a family favourite called turnip casserole.  It is made with mashed rutabagas, with diced apple, etc.  It is ready to pop into the oven tomorrow.
Since it is just the two of us for Christmas dinner, I don't have to keep to any schedule, so I'll get the turkey ready for the oven in the morning, and roast a head of garlic for the mashed potatoes.
I'm looking forward to the smell of turkey cooking in the house tomorrow.
Have a good sleep - Santa will be here soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.