Thursday, October 14, 2010

Quilting and Not!


I spent all day Tuesday at a Community Quilts workshop for my guild.  One of the coordinators hosts it at her home once a month.  She provides a pot of homemade soup, and everyone brings a little something to add to the table.
It wasn't a big group, but we managed to get quite a bit done.  I machine quilted a baby quilt, and pin basted 7 more lap quilts.  They were also making kits, using the "block of the month" blocks from the summer - over 600 were donated.  The block was designed to use up bits and pieces, so several members used up all the short ends in their stash!  Two more quilts were pieced together, and now await backing.  I keep forgetting to take my camera, especially to take a picture of lunch - always delicious.  Since we were a small group, there were just 2 salads and rolls to go with the soup, and only 3 desserts!
I decided to take Wednesday off, so DH and I headed out to do more Christmas shopping.  Then we took good friends out for dinner to help celebrate our anniversary.   Today, I finally got my machine back in its place, and I've been wrapping Christmas gifts, and doing a bit of tidying in my sewing room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.