Sunday, October 10, 2010

Finished Ode to Hallowe'en

Just in time to hang for a while before the big night!  I was planning to stitch some small orange beads on the vine, but didn't have any, nor did I have black buttons small enough or beads large enough for the ends of the branches.  Since I am trying to use what I have, I decided to forgo the orange beads, and made 6 strand French knots on the ends of the branches.  My camera is still having trouble with colours, so the squares in the border are a burnt orange colour.  I think it is the fluorescent lights in my sewing room!
Off to pack the goodies for Thanksgiving dinner at my sister-in-law's home this afternoon.....  Happy Thanksgiving to all the Canadians.

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I love Halloween and your little hanging is just perfect!

    xo -El

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.