Friday, August 20, 2010

Embroidered Snowman Blocks

I was looking for some hand-work TV watching stitching to do, and remembered a cute Christmas quilt in an older Quiltmaker magazine.  The pattern is called Snowfriends by Lynda Howell and was found in issue 130.   I used my bag of leftover embroidery threads from finished cross stitch kits, so the colours are similar to the magazine picture, but usually chosen by lengths that were long enough for the area.
The quilt in the magazine was finished with darker country colours, but I have decided to use some of my many Christmas prints, especially those with snowmen on them......trying to use up some of the stash.  I have a love for Christmas fabric, but rarely use any, so I have put myself on a "no buy" diet for holiday fabric only!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.