Thursday, July 1, 2010

HAPPY CANADA DAY!

We are enjoying sunny clear weather in Kingston this Canada Day.  The air is clear and a bit cool, but none of the dreaded humidity!
This is a tiny quilt that I made when we were living in Florida, while DH was posted to Tyndall AFB.  I used mini Christmas garland and sequins to make the fireworks.  I hang it on my front door every Canada Day!
I had a productive day yesterday.  I began by making 6 jars of strawberry jam.  I make mine in the microwave.  You can only make 2 jars at a time, but it is easy, and I can do other things while it is cooking.  We are not big consumers of jam, so this method works really well.
Then I headed to my studio and pin basted all 5 baby quilts!  I managed to do it with the queen size batting, that was provided by the guild, even though I had to piece it for the final quilt!  All the backing fabrics come from donations, so the two ladies do a great job of matching them to the tops.  I'll begin quilting today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.