Sunday, July 25, 2010

Garden run-in

Spent some time cleaning up the garden after lunch today.  Suddenly, I could feel something stinging my arm!  By the time I ran out of the garden, I had 4 wasp or hornet stings - two on my right arm, one on the back of my right leg and one on my right eyebrow!  Fortunately, I'm not allergic, but they still hurt, and my right eyelid is a bit swollen.  No pictures......
DH found a next under some landscape timbers, and I guess I just bumped it enough for they to defend their home!  He's off picking up some spray, as it is in our front garden, next to the driveway, and I don't want anyone else to be stung.
This is the first time I've ever had a serious sting while gardening, so I guess I can't complain too much.  The ice took the swelling down, and now it is only a dull ache...
Back to quilting.....

1 comment:

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.