Friday, June 18, 2010

Quilt Show plus......


DH and I attended the NQA show in Columbus OH Thursday.  As always, we visit all the quilts first, and there were lots of them!  They had a special exhibit of tree quilts that were varied and wonderful.  Best in Show was awarded to the same quilt that won at Paducah - apparently she turned down the $20,000 prize so she could keep the quilt!  We had a quick snack then visited the vendors.  My tote bag was getting heavy by the end of our visit, and the last booth we visited was one selling packages containing 5 x 1 yard pieces of coordinating fabric.  I spotted a sale basket, and scored a 5 yd bundle for $10, and an odd assortment of leftover yardage that held 10 yds for $30.  I wish I had visited earlier when there was more variety, but then I would have had to carry it around.  Between the show and various quilt shops that we have visited this week, I have quite a selection of fabric to add to the stash!
Today we visited the topiary garden in the the School for the Deaf park in downtown Columbus.  They have recreated the famous painting, Sunday afternoon in the Park with George" in topiary.  They have some resident ducks and koi in the pond, as well as an albino squirrel currently living in the park.
From there we headed to the Ohio Craft Museum.  There was a wonderful display of art, including a few quilts, with lovely items in the gift shop.
 
By this time we headed out of town to visit the Longaberger Homestead in Frazeysburg OH (about an hour east).  The site is beautiful, and we enjoyed the factory tour.  I don't collect Longaberer, but have a good friend who does, so I sent her a couple of pictures.
We'll be heading home early tomorrow morning.  I'm looking forward to some home cooking again!  My fingers are itching to get some quilting done as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.