Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Tisket A Tasket Block 11

I managed to get block 11 finished.   I love choosing the fabrics from my stash.  I cut each shape from water soluble stabilizer, then spent some time with a glue stick, gluing all the seam allowances to the back of the stabilizer.  I then used some washable school glue to attach each piece to the background fabric.  I used invisible (mono-filament) thread and a very small machine  blanket stitch to attach each part of the applique.  When I began this project, I challenged myself to do all the embroidery stitches by machine as well.  For the lines, I use a triple stitch, and then found shapes for eyes, etc.  I had to play with the length and width of the stitches until I found a setting that was correct for each of my choices.  I even sewed the button on by machine!
I haven't been getting as much sewing done this week as I've been  suffering with back pain.  It started to bother me about a week ago, but it has suddenly become worse, so I'm waiting to hear from my doctor's office about an appointment....

2 comments:

  1. You've done a really lovely job. This block is so pretty! I'd love to see a close up shot of each block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is water soluble foundation? Is it just regular water soluble stabilizer? What brand do you use?

    Thank,
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.