Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Question Answered

I was asked about the water soluble stabilizer that I use for my applique.  The kind I have been using is found here.  It is easy to use - I just trace the shape using a pencil, then cut out, making sure to cut on the inside of the line, as the fabric takes up a bit of space when turning under, and I don't want my applique pieces to grow.... It does wash away, leaving a little bit of fiber behind that provides a tiny trapunto effect.
I have also been looking at this type , but haven't tried it yet.  It is fusible, so that would help to hold it in place until the seam allowance is glued to the back side.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much, Susan. I've begun to look at different applique techniques and strategies. This one is terrific!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.