Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Finished Disappearing Four Patch Quilt






I used invisible thread to stitch in the ditch in most of the seams.  Then I decided to play with a couple of quilting designs.

  I stitched flowers in the blue squares, and leaves in the pink ones.  Then did some swirls in the blue border and more leaves and vines in the pink border.  

I think the dark blue border and binding complement the finished quilt.  

I made a scrappy backing of leftover flannel from some of the other lap or kids quilts that I have made.  

(I'm trying to clear some space on my shelves so I can buy more fabric!)

This one is off to my community quilts program with the Limestone Quilters Guild in Kingston.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely! Your quilting looks great. I know someone will really appreciate this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how that turned out! Beautiful job! You are so thrifty -- and totally in an awesome, rock my socks off kind of way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is one of the best block designs that I have seen and I am teaching it to my ladies here in Guatemala. thanks for being so smart. carolyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.