Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Community Quilts

I had fun yesterday at a workshop for our community quilts projects.
We met at the home of one of the coordinators; we sewed, we quilted, we made quilt kits of donated blocks with strips for borders, we made labels, we chatted and laughed....
Then we enjoyed a lovely pot luck lunch with homemade soup, salads, a variety of breads and many lovely desserts!  Yummmmmmmmm.
I is always hard to pack for one of these days, and I always forget things that I really need.  Fortunately, I didn't forget anything really important, and our hostess had lots of items that could be borrowed.  I'm glad she has a huge quilting space (almost the entire basement) as she has tons of bins full of pre-cut squares and strips just waiting for a home in a quilt.
Our guild has one or two "block of the month" challenges per year, with simple blocks in bright colours, destined for one of the many community quilts made each year.

1 comment:

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.