Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Completed Scrappy Irish Chain

Finally managed to take a picture - a difficult task in a small house.  Usually I have my DH and/or DS2 assist by holding the quilt while I take the picture.  This one was small enough to place in the living room with only a bit of furniture rearranging!


I love this pattern - so traditional, yet fun.  People are always surprised at the variety of fabrics that can hide in a scrappy quilt.  I include Christmas, novelties and just about anything that is cotton into my scrap quilts.

3 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the border, it really makes the quilt.I might have to make one.lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. would you be willing to share this pattern - it is magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The scrappy Irish chain pattern is found in the book "Adventures in Leaders and Enders" by Binnie K. Hunter.
    The border was copied from a quilt by Judy Laquidara at Patchwork Times.com
    I do design some of my own quilts, but often mix and match from other patterns.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.