Thursday, February 25, 2010

A Plaid Quilt, Many Years in the Planning

Like many quilters, I have collected fabric over the years.  I discovered that I had quite a bit of plaid fabrics when I sorted my "stash" a couple of years ago.
As well as fabric, I am a collector of quilt patterns, in books, magazines and from the many wonderful sites on the Internet.  Unfortunately, I didn't keep good records as to which sites provided me some of the patterns.
I saved all the parts for a large "mystery" type quilt, and decided that it would make good use of a large number of the plaid cottons in my collection.  Before leaving for a winter in Florida, I cut all the pieces for this queen size quilt.  I stitched the blocks when we first arrived, then hung the blocks from some pants hangers, (the type with clips attached).  Recently, I had caught up on my other projects, and returned to the plaid quilt.
Since I wanted a country look, I selected some light tan muslin to be the background in all the blocks.  The beauty of this pattern is the open spaces for quilting that weaves its way between the blocks.  It also has no borders, so I used the muslin for the binding as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.