Thursday, February 8, 2018


I've been busy during the past two days, cutting and sewing squares and half square triangles.  I've been using Bonnie Hunter's Essential Triangle Tool.

These are the ones I cut and stitched this morning.  We left early to go to lunch with our good neighbour, Roy.

These are all the coloured squares needed for the pieced border, and some of the half square triangle units that I made yesterday.  I had to stop, as I have to cut more neutral 2 1/2 inch strips so I can continue.

Our weather has turned from cold to hot and humid, with few dry days in between.  We're having showers that just started, so my room will be too noisy to think.  I'll press all the stitched blocks later today, and see how many more I need to make.
I ordered backing fabrics for this quilt and another that is also part-way complete, so I'll serge the cut ends, and get them washed, so I'll be ready to pin-baste soon!
My Wednesday quilting group is cancelled for next week - the clubhouse is in use for a Valentines Day renewing of vows for members of our community, so I'll have an extra full day to sew.